Its so common that we convert an excel to a PDF. It happens almost everyday for me.
It was recently that I got to see the error “Document Not Saved” while converting an excel to a PDF file.
Here are the steps which helped me resolve the issue:
- Step 1: Check for your permissions – Many of the times, a shared file might restrict saving the file into other forms. In this case, get the proper permissions for yourself
- Step 2: You have embedded objects in your excel (MS Support Link)
- If you do, then the workaround is to remove the embedded objects and try saving the file again
- If you don’t know anything about the existence of embedded objects just like I do, then perform the following steps
- Use the Go To option from the Edit menu or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + G to open the Go To dialog box.
- Click on Special.
- Select Objects in the Special dialog box.
- Click Ok.
- This will highlight all the embedded objects on the excel file – now you can delete them
Picked up the above information from this link (Thanks!)
Hope this helps!