We all work with files and file paths…I got this recently when I was trying to get the current directory of the user while he is navigating through the application.
At any time, I should get the parent directory of the current user directory and perform the designated actions.
- We have system properties which will give us the current user directory…
- Access the system property using String userDir = System.getProperty(“user.dir”);
- Now you can user the File Java Class to access the parent directory as String parentDir = new File(userDir).getParent();
- For Example:
- User is in /home/someuser/SeleniumTests/Test1
- userDir will have the value /home/someuser/SeleniumTests/Test1
- parentDir will have the value /home/someuser/SeleniumTests
Hope this helps! Happy Coding!