I bought the iPad but I was really pissed off that I can’t seem to buy any free app.
I had an apple id, but then it wanted me to give my credit card details to download a free app too…Pch!!!
So I googled a bit and got this solution…
- Create an apple id if you don’t have one
- Now download the iTunes app on your computer
- Open iTunes and follow these steps:
- Go to iTunes Store under the “Store” category on your left side panel
- Now go to “Apps Store” on the top panel
- You will see “Top Free Apps” on the right side panel (Scroll down if you don’t see)
- Mouse over any of the free apps listed
- Click on the app name (Don’t click on the free button shown when we mouse over)
- Then you will be asked to signin – sign in with your apple id
- Then you will be asked to “review”
- Go ahead and select “none” on the payment screen
- Screen will be similar to this: http://www.simonblog.com/2011/01/09/why-there-is-no-none-option-when-registering-itunes-account/
Enjoy the free apps download from any of your iOS devices (iPad or iPhone)!!